Project Turquoise’s Health Care committee’s goal is to allocate some of the funds raised to procure medical, dental, and wellness goods and services in the impacted areas & help train local healthcare providers.
Our service trips are a unique and key component of the overall mission of Project Turquoise. These trips allow our PT volunteers to provide much needed services to displaced groups in underserved areas while allowing donors to feel they are making a direct impact with their donations somewhere in the world. PT volunteers are then able to communicate their first-hand experiences through approved social media, communications and during fundraisers to raise a deeper awareness and empathy for the cause.
In planning our future service trips, we partner with US based NGOs to:
- Select an impacted geographic area;
- Select and partner with a local NGO with local community knowledge, staff, and appropriate licenses to support our mission;
- Select PT service trip team members that can support the mission
- Manage and oversee the trip
- Every PT service trip team member is required to pay for his/her cost unless offered a grant by PT.